Tuesday, December 21, 2010

My favorite part of the First Presidency Devotional was the Mormon Tabernacle Choir singing, and the three talks. There is a cute woman singer we always watch for. She's the greatest! One of the many inspiring songs that they sang was “O Come all Ye Faithful.” Then we sang the same hymn on Sunday (the Sunday before Christmas how surprising). Last night at the Family Home Evening we went to, the person giving the spiritual thought quoted from it as well. In my lesson on Sunday about righteous traditions I had the girls read from 3 Nephi about the Nephites being faithful in the traditions of their fathers in believing that Savior of the world would be born. It is inspiring to me that they kept believing even though they were threatened with death. My favorite scripture in that section is 3 Nephi 1:8


But behold, they did watch steadfastly for that day and that night and that day which should be as one day as if there were no night, that they might know that their faith had not been vain.


I love how it talks about their steadfast faith. Occasionally at this time of year someone will try to talk to me about how they saw on television that there really was no birth of Jesus Christ. As of yet, no one has threatened to kill me when I say that I still believe that He was born. I also know that, like the Nephites, my faith is not in vain.





2 comments:

  1. The faith you are expressing reminds me of a true story I read about the Provo Tabernacle fire. Though the insides were totally gutted, part of one picture was left unburned--the part that showed Jesus Christ was unscathed. (http://www.meridianmagazine.com/lds-church-updates/article/7018?ac=1)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks that was a great story, and reminder about keeping Christ at the center of our lives.

    ReplyDelete