Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Jury Duty

Last week I received in the mail a summons for jury duty an hour away right after I have my next chemo. I have been called for jury duty probably 4 times in the 6 years that we have lived here. My husband has been called once. He went but when they found out he knew one of the defendants from our ward they sent him home. During his busy season at work he is automatically excused from jury duty. He just has to mark the exemption that applies to him. Maybe that is why he has only been called once.

I did not think that right now I could handle the logistics with my kids or just with me not being sick during the trial. So I called the judge's office and talked to one of the clerks. She said that the trial probably was not going to happen anyway. I told her of my current situation. She asked my name and excused me right then from jury duty. If only all stresses were eliminated that easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment