Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving

In the morning we made a list of all the things we needed to do to prepare. My kids energetically attacked the list. I was still going slow, and Baby even helped. My husband and his mom steadily worked on as well. Then I looked out the window and there was a little girl looking in, my niece. The cousins and Grandpa were here. I don't think my father-in-law will let us borrow his wife again for a long time. Otherwise we had an wonderful time enjoying the meal and the company.

That night we had some good friends over to help us eat the pies. I was glad to see my in-laws and my friends meshing together well. Grandma read books to their youngest, the kids all played together, and so on.

The cousins stayed a little longer on Friday and played, while my husband and his brother worked on digging up some fence posts. It was pleasant. I knew I could not worry too much about how it would turn out, or my talk, or my lesson, because I was too tired to begin with. I just went with the flow and did what I could and knew those around me understood.

No comments:

Post a Comment