Sunday, November 13, 2011

Wicked Good 5K

My wonderful friend, A, and I have been training to run a 5K of our own design. I wanted to be in the best shape possible to recover easier from the reconstruction surgery. She was running for the first time in years. Her emotional support was invaluable to keep me going. My cousin, who is fantastic runner, said she would hold down the Utah division of the run.

On Halloween morning, my mom watched the kids, as we went to the course. It was a beautiful cool sunny day. There was a herd of wild horses eating breakfast just off the course. I felt good running. I thought about how far I physically I come since chemo, and the so many many things I was thankful for. Before I knew it we had finished the course.

Yay for wonderful friends who help you do good things!

No comments:

Post a Comment