Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Transition Time

My mom left on Friday. She celebrated her birthday here. Last year on her birthday we told her we were expecting Baby. This year we got her a Hello Kitty cake pan. My dad drove up and picked her up and all the stuff we sent with her, piano books for my niece, Scout shirt for my brother-in-law and so on.

I really thought I would not be so tired the second week she was here. I had visions of getting all these things done. We did go through Baby's clothes, which I had been putting off. We did what we needed to get done.

We survived the weekend, and church even. The Sunday compassion award this week goes to the nice recently married couple in our ward. I was holding Baby in the back by them, when she decided to leave a little bit of herself in that spot. After Baby spit up all over the floor the husband got wet paper towels, and cleaned up the floor, while the wife entertained Baby. The talks were on reverence, and they showed it was more than just quietly sitting. They were not the only ones helping our little family navigate church. Kind people always help carry my bags, or the baby, make copies for me or get stuff from the library, and lots of other little things. I would be hard pressed to think of someone in our ward who has not helped us in some way.

My hair started falling out for the last time on Tuesday. When it grows back this time it can keep growing.

The worry bucket is not getting very many papers in it.

Baby is expanding her repertoire of food and developmental milestones.

Slowly but surely we are leaving chemo behind.

3 comments:

  1. I AM SO GLAD YOU ARE TRANSITIONING AWAY FROM CHEMO. ONE DAY YOU WILL BE RUNNING,AND SKIPPING AND LAUGHING AND LIVING AGAIN BECAUSE YOU HAVE BEAT THAT CANCER AGAIN AND THIS TIME IT WON'T COME BACK.I PRAY FOR YOU ALWAYS AND PRAY THE TIME WILL COME QUICKER AND QUICKER. HOW IS BABY DOING WITH HER NEW TOOTH? ANY MORE COMING THROUGH? LOVE YOU....

    ReplyDelete
  2. No more teeth have popped through for Baby. One looks like it will anytime though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray!!!! Goodbye chemo!! We love you, Jeni!

    ReplyDelete