Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas Recap

My parents went home today, and no we did not let them take Baby with them. I think we mentioned before that we did not make Christmas goodies this year. We got little angel ornaments and attached this quote to them.

God does notice us, and He watches over us. But it is usually through another person that He meets our needs...So often our acts of service consist of simple encouragement or of giving mundane help with mundane tasks - but what glorious consequences can flow from mundane acts and from small but deliberate deeds. ~ Spencer W. Kimball

That sort of explains our Christmas. Many people did mundane acts for us, that helped us know God does notice us. Of course several of the repeated mundane acts were done by my parents - changing her diaper, refilling the formula dispenser, helping L with her puppet, fixing the windshield washer, talking to C about Pokemon, doing the dishes, and doing the laundry over and over again. They were not the only ones offering an encouraging word, making meals, and doing little things to make our life that much easier.

Today when I was making lunch I was looking at the flowers my visiting teacher brought over on Christmas Eve. I was surprised to think that I have had fresh flowers in my house since the double mastectomy. For months now every few days to a week, someone drops off flowers. Yes, some even came through a shady looking website used by Californians. The flower arrangements have all been so beautiful in their own unique ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment