Saturday, January 29, 2011

Refreshing

On Thursday I had the opportunity to go to the temple with the youth. I think it was just what I needed. The other leader and I laughed our heads off talking to the young women. Their youthful outlook was just refreshing. I had forgotten what is like to take a hour long both ways road trip with the young women. They are so strong and so witty.

One thing they brought up was a reality show called "Police Women of Cincinnati." Neither the other leader nor I had ever heard of it. Apparently we need to watch tv with the young women more often. We also talked about which Disney Princesses we loved and which we could do without. My favorite is Mulan. I love it when the Emperor says about Mulan, "The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all." We watched that movie many times when my kids were little and I had cancer last time. Then as we got closer to the temple the young women started singing together. It brought such a great spirit.

The temple was peaceful and reverent. I helped the young women in the locker room area, and braided their hair and brought them things. The other leader and I had planned on swapping halfway through so I could sit down more. Instead I found that I did not get tired. It was nice to serve in some small way.

No comments:

Post a Comment