Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Tell Me About Yourself

In my son's class the teacher asked the students to fill a bag with different things that tell about yourself. For example, what your hobbies are, what your talents are, and so on. He was also supposed to put in a sudden unpleasant event, so he wrote cancer on a piece of paper and put it in there. 

One aspect that has been difficult in moving is that everyone, or it seemed like everyone in our old town knew about the cancer. Here nobody knows and yet it is still a part of our family's life. When it comes up, like why are you going to Camp Kesem, they explain what they feel like explaining. I can see it wears on them, especially C, (L mainly avoids topics that might lead to cancer) he wants to share, but it was and still is a difficult topic to discuss.





(mhpc.com)

2 comments:

  1. I think of you often and wish I could protect you from the pain of cancer but only you can travel the path the Lord has given you and I can only stand aside and watch you move forward. I am thankful I can share my son with you to help you along your way. I love you Jeni!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We experienced a similar thing when we moved here. Nobody knew about Spencer's cancer, but it was still so much a part of our lives. It's hard for kids, especially, to know how to deal with the whole thing, I think. We love you guys.

    ReplyDelete